Friday, June 27, 2014

Johnny Manziel Told to 'Tone it Down' by Browns Owner Jimmy Haslam

Ever since Texas A&M played their final game of the season against Duke in the Chick-Fil-A-Bowl, quarterback Johnny Manziel has had no problem finding time to entertain himself throughout the offseason. The incessant partying has caused Cleveland Browns' owner Jimmy Haslam to talk to Johnny Manziel, telling him to try be conscious of his decisions, especially due to the power of social media.
The Cleveland Browns knew when drafting Manziel that the young quarterback enjoys partying when he is off the football field, but many have begun to question whether or not Manziel is focused enough to take over Cleveland's offense at this point in time. Although  we have seen Manziel partying with models, Rob Grownkowski, and floating swans during the offseason, the final straw for owner Jimmy Haslam was a video on Instagram showing Manziel talking into a stack of money and using profanity. Manziel responded to these rumors at training camp when he said, "I am going to enjoy my time off. I’m very about football and very about my job, which doesn’t get reported or won’t get reported, but I am going to enjoy my time off. That’s I think what everybody else does and that’s what I should do...I don’t think I’m doing anything wrong."

No comments:

Post a Comment